Tungaloy is expanding its AH9130 drill head grade series to include the DMP drill head line of the DrillMeister head-changeable drill series.
DrillMeister features a unique self-locking interface that interlocks between the drill head and tool body, enabling a simple and quick tool exchange. Operators can replace the tool without having to remove the drill body from the adapter or re-measure tool offset values, thus saving a great amount of tool setup time.
This AH9130 grade expansion encompasses the DMP line of general-purpose drilling, succeeding the popular DMC drill head for precision drilling. Developed for drilling applications, AH9130 is a nano-multilayer PVD coating consisting of three distinctive layers. This coating configuration adds multifunctional characteristics to the grade, including wear, fracture, and oxidation resistances, as well as eliminating build-up edge and delamination, providing all characteristics required for the grade to enable long and predictable tool life in drilling operations.
- At a Glance
- New DMP drill head are expanded in diameters from 10.3 mm through 19.8 mm
- Nano-multilayer PVD coating including three characteristic layers
- The coating offers multifunctional characteristics of wear, fracture, and oxidation resistances as well as eliminates build-up edge and delamination for improved insert life and predictability
- 19 new drill heads to be introduced
Related Glossary Terms
- physical vapor deposition ( PVD)
physical vapor deposition ( PVD)
Tool-coating process performed at low temperature (500° C), compared to chemical vapor deposition (1,000° C). Employs electric field to generate necessary heat for depositing coating on a tool’s surface. See CVD, chemical vapor deposition.