Mate Precision Technologies, a global leader in metalworking solutions, has announced that is accepting orders for their new 52/96 zero-point workholding system. Product shipments began the week of July 26. The system includes vises, bases, and mounting systems which are manufactured in Minnesota.
Comprehensive Workholding Representative Network
To ensure exceptional service and support, Mate has built a network of independent representatives across North America and Europe. These representatives are fully trained and supported by experienced in-house customer service staff to help find the right solutions for specific workholding needs. Workholding representative information is available on the Mate Representative Locator.
Made for Metalheads
Over the past seven decades, Mate designed nearly ten thousand custom workholding solutions to produce high-quality products for its global customer base. As a result, Mate knows exactly what machinists are looking for in a precision workholding system. Mate’s machinists and product engineers worked together to develop vises, bases, and mounting systems with a new level of innovation and quality to precisely meet machinists’ needs.
Engineered to maximize holding power for 3-, 4- and 5-axis machining centers, Mate workholding not only reduces setup times and process variability, it offers best-in-class accuracy and repeatability in a compact, quick change, modular design.
Mate’s workholding system includes:
- Mate DynoGrip™ self-centering vises feature maximum holding power in a compact system with minimal part movement and zero-point quality engagement with a rigid four-post pull stud pattern. The vises come in 13 sizes and 3 widths.
- Mate DynoLock™ quick change bases provide zero-point quality engagement with the same four-post stud pattern and best-in-class holding power, center accuracy and repeatability and is available in 11 size variations.
- Mate DynoMount™ system expands machine capacity and flexibility with tombstones, pyramids, risers, and dual right-angle mounts that feature the same zero-point quality engagement for four-point stud patterns.
The Mate 52/96 workholding system includes QuickSpecs™, Mate’s unique product identification system, allowing real-time access to critical user data, CAD models, and potential integration into business systems. Additionally, the product supports common robotic interfaces and palletizing systems to support factory automation. The Mate workholding system is backed by sophisticated technical support, unsurpassed product quality, responsive customer service, and Mate’s industry-leading 100-percent satisfaction guarantee.
Related Glossary Terms
Cone-shaped pins that support a workpiece by one or two ends during machining. The centers fit into holes drilled in the workpiece ends. Centers that turn with the workpiece are called “live” centers; those that do not are called “dead” centers.
- computer-aided design ( CAD)
computer-aided design ( CAD)
Product-design functions performed with the help of computers and special software.
Any manufacturing process in which metal is processed or machined such that the workpiece is given a new shape. Broadly defined, the term includes processes such as design and layout, heat-treating, material handling and inspection.
- modular design ( modular construction)
modular design ( modular construction)
Manufacturing of a product in subassemblies that permits fast and simple replacement of defective assemblies and tailoring of the product for different purposes. See interchangeable parts.