ISCAR Introduces new extra long solid carbide drills in 30xD, 40xD and 50xD drill lengths for general applications.
The range encompasses the following:
- 135° Point Geometry – Split point geometry for superior drilling penetration and accuracy.
- Double-Margin Design – For improved drilling stability and smooth surface finish.
- Polished Flutes - Chip evacuation is improved during deep-hole drilling when the flutes are polished.
- Coolant Holes – Cooling the cutting edges improves chip evacuation during the drilling operation.
- Coating – A multi-layer coating allows drilling at high speed. Excellent for drilling operations in steel (up to 45 HRC).
Potential Industries for Extra Long Solid Carbide Drills:
- Oil and Gas
- Heat Exchangers
- Machine Tools
Solid Carbide Drills with Internal Coolant Channels, Drilling Depth 30x
Solid Carbide Drills with Internal Coolant Channels, Drilling Depth 40xD
Solid Carbide Drills with Internal Coolant Channels, Drilling Depth 50xD
Related Glossary Terms
Fluid that reduces temperature buildup at the tool/workpiece interface during machining. Normally takes the form of a liquid such as soluble or chemical mixtures (semisynthetic, synthetic) but can be pressurized air or other gas. Because of water’s ability to absorb great quantities of heat, it is widely used as a coolant and vehicle for various cutting compounds, with the water-to-compound ratio varying with the machining task. See cutting fluid; semisynthetic cutting fluid; soluble-oil cutting fluid; synthetic cutting fluid.
Grooves and spaces in the body of a tool that permit chip removal from, and cutting-fluid application to, the point of cut.