NCCS Corp., developer of PostWorks universal postprocessor, announces the general release of PostWorks version 17.2. PostWoks is a high-end universal postprocessor, which generates precise NC code for a variety of machines including mills, lathes and multitask machines. In addition, PostWorks is compatible with all popular CNCs, including Heidenhain, Siemens and FANUC.
NCCShas added significant enhancements to PostWorks over the last several years, which include:
- Enhanced CLRSRF/START,TRFORM,ON command enables the transformation of the clearance plane through the matrix defined by the external Machine Adjustment File (MAF).
- Enhanced the CLRSRF clipping planes retract logic so that the tool can be retracted when CLRSRF/STOP or NOMORE is encountered.
- Enhanced the CLRSRF clipping planes retract logic so the standard retract move can be omitted when the tool moves less than a specified distance between the clip plane intersection locations.
- Added the ability to create a tape break sequence when a set number of tape blocks are output.
- Added support for the word SEQNO in tape break mode.
- Enhanced the look of various Options forms so that the prompts are more meaningful.
- Updated the Help/About dialog on all PostWorks programs to display the “bit-version”: (Windows 32-bit or Windows 64-bit version).
- The punch file can now be withheld when an APT source input error is encountered. In previous versions a punch file could only be withheld upon encountering a regular (processing) error.
The PostWorks suite of products includes sophisticated Machine Simulation software to quickly simulate the material removal process and machine kinematics while performing interference checking between all relevant components of the machining environment.
Don Barnes, NCCS’ manager of CAD/CAM applications, says, “We are pleased to enhance the software with more capability for the many users who are successfully implementing our technology.”
Related Glossary Terms
Space provided behind a tool’s land or relief to prevent rubbing and subsequent premature deterioration of the tool. See land; relief.
- numerical control ( NC)
numerical control ( NC)
Any controlled equipment that allows an operator to program its movement by entering a series of coded numbers and symbols. See CNC, computer numerical control; DNC, direct numerical control.