Chuck Choice

Author Bernie McAloon
September 01, 2007 - 12:00pm

Aspects of a job that determine which type of chuck is suitable.

Read the Full Article

Related Glossary Terms

  • chuck


    Workholding device that affixes to a mill, lathe or drill-press spindle. It holds a tool or workpiece by one end, allowing it to be rotated. May also be fitted to the machine table to hold a workpiece. Two or more adjustable jaws actually hold the tool or part. May be actuated manually, pneumatically, hydraulically or electrically. See collet.


Sales Manager

Bernie McAloon is sales manager for Royal Machine and Tool Corp., Berlin, Conneticut. For more information about the company’s workholders, call (860) 828-6555 or visit