Mitutoyo America Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the new Roundtracer Flash. This non-contact measuring unit is expected to deliver even more speed and versatility to the Mitutoyo Form Measurement line.
- Based on side-by-side two-dimensional image architecture, this allows images acquired by different sensors to be perfectly combined to generate a single workpiece image containing no defects or gaps at stitching edges
- Measures parts up to 300mm in length without any vertical movement of the sensors or part
- Executes 100 static measurements in two seconds regardless of how the measurement sections are distributed along the workpiece
- With no Z-axis movement to capture 2D images, consistency of profiles and part geometries remain stable for millions of cycles thus minimizing maintenance intervals
- Performs measurements with one single button operation
- Easy to implement into a smart factory when using an external robot system to automate workpiece loading
- 7 available USB ports data output and code reading
Related Glossary Terms
Thin web or film of metal on a casting that occurs at die partings and around air vents and movable cores. This excess metal is due to necessary working and operating clearances in a die. Flash also is the excess material squeezed out of the cavity as a compression mold closes or as pressure is applied to the cavity.