Titan Tool Supply Inc. announces the introduction of models TM-8 and TM-10 high-magnification measuring microscopes with Vernier micrometer heads for inspection of electronic and semiconductor components, metallurgical parts, plastic molds, electrical strips, and other industrial quality control applications. Both feature magnifications of 50X, 100X, and 200X with a 10X eyepiece, and 5X, 10X and 20X objective lenses that have a revolving nosepiece and positive stop. A separate 20X eyepiece is available to double magnifications (up to 400X) and provide longer working distances. Optional objectives from 1X to 4X and 5X to 40X are also available to reach up to 800X magnification. Video adapters can turn the microscopes into videoscopes, according to Titan Tool.
The differences between the models are the stages and micrometers. The TM-8 has a 2-inch travel stage in both the X and Y axis. The micrometers are 2-inch diameter with 1-inch travel and 0.0001-inch divisions. The TM-10 has a 2-inch travel stage in the X axis and 6-inch travel stage in the Y axis. The X and Y axis have zeroing screws to set the micrometer at zero or an even number to start measuring. The range of the X axis micrometer is 1 inch; the Y axis is 2 inches. Both have 0.0001-inch divisions.
Standard features to ensure high magnifications include a co-axial illuminator with a condenser, filter, and sub-stage illuminator, and an extra micro-screw ultra-fine depth focusing knob (attached to the standard rack-and-pinion focusing) according to the company.
Titan Tool says that optional accessories are available with the new TM-8 and TM-10 microscopes to enhance usability and performance. They include:
• Model RI-17 cold light, shadow-free fiber optic ring illuminator;
• Model FOI-150 tungsten-halogen cold light fiber optic light source with variable intensity control;
• Model AME-5M angle measuring eyepiece that measures more than 360 degrees to an accuracy of five minutes;
• Models DM-54-210-100 1-inch digital micrometer head and MDD2-50 2-inch digital micrometer head for Z axis depth measurements;
• TSTVA-12 video adapter that alleviates eyestrain for lengthy or continuous usage, offers viewing for more than one person at one time, provides magnifications up to 1300X (with a 21-inch monitor and 40X objective), captures frozen, digitized, or computerized images, and can lead to improved accuracy by eliminating parallax problems in the X-Y measuring axis and improving Z axis depth measuring.
Related Glossary Terms
A precision instrument with a spindle moved by a finely threaded screw that is used for measuring thickness and short lengths.
- quality assurance ( quality control)
quality assurance ( quality control)
Terms denoting a formal program for monitoring product quality. The denotations are the same, but QC typically connotes a more traditional postmachining inspection system, while QA implies a more comprehensive approach, with emphasis on “total quality,” broad quality principles, statistical process control and other statistical methods.