Mitutoyo America Corporation, a leading manufacturer of precision metrology instruments and solutions, is proud to announce the release of the Mitutoyo LH600F/FG Linear High Measurement System. The LH600F is the latest model in the Mitutoyo Linear Height Gage line with several added features and benefits along with best-in-class accuracy using a high-accuracy scale unit and high-accuracy guiding mechanism manufactured in our own Japanese facilities.
The LH-600F now features a touch screen interface that allows for easy and intuitive operation, allowing users to measure with the press of a button or through touchscreen icons. The rotatable and adjustable display of the LH-600F also allows for use from both front and rear orientations as well. There are new output options including a Digimatic output that allows data to be sent directly to Excel or SPC software, wired or wirelessly, while maintaining USB and RS232C output capabilities.
Other new features include:
- A new self-check feature can detect dirt or oil on the encoder, ensuring the instrument is clean and able to provide accurate measurements
- Instant changes to units, resolution and delta measurement from the previous reading can now be made
- An air bearing system makes it easy to move the height gage around; a semi-float mode allows it to slide more easily while taking measurements, even with heavy parts
- Motorized capabilities provide better repeatability and reproducibility along with improved 2D mode to measure angles, bolt hole circles and more
- A new optional footswitch is available for hands-free repeat measuring of volume parts
- Multiple probe options (optional) and probe position is switchable for better perpendicularity and straightness measurements
- Excellent accuracy of (1.1+0.6L/600)μm with 0.1μm/0.5μm resolution/repeatability
Related Glossary Terms
Science of measurement; the principles on which precision machining, quality control and inspection are based. See precision machining, measurement.
- statistical process control ( SPC)
statistical process control ( SPC)
Statistical techniques to measure and analyze the extent to which a process deviates from a set standard.