Tungaloy is expanding the insert line of FineBeam BTA drill series to include AH8015 grade inserts with the G style chip former.
FineBeam incorporates high quality inserts and guide pads to enable high precision deep hole drilling. AH8015 consists of a nano-multilayered PVD coating with high aluminum content. This coating characteristic provides increased resistance against wear and built-up edge over existing grades, enabling long and predictable tool life during the machining of heat resistant superalloys and stainless steel. Combined with the versatile G style chip former, the new inserts enables high quality holes and prolonged tool life in every deep hole drilling application.
At a Glance
- Provides long tool life in heat resistant superalloys and stainless steel
- Coating with enhanced wear resistance
- Provides edge chipping resistance and fracture toughness
- 15 inserts to be added
Related Glossary Terms
- built-up edge ( BUE)
built-up edge ( BUE)
1. Permanently damaging a metal by heating to cause either incipient melting or intergranular oxidation. 2. In grinding, getting the workpiece hot enough to cause discoloration or to change the microstructure by tempering or hardening.
- fracture toughness
Critical value (KIC) of stress intensity. A material property.
- physical vapor deposition ( PVD)
physical vapor deposition ( PVD)
Tool-coating process performed at low temperature (500° C), compared to chemical vapor deposition (1,000° C). Employs electric field to generate necessary heat for depositing coating on a tool’s surface. See CVD, chemical vapor deposition.
Tough, difficult-to-machine alloys; includes Hastelloy, Inconel and Monel. Many are nickel-base metals.
- wear resistance
Ability of the tool to withstand stresses that cause it to wear during cutting; an attribute linked to alloy composition, base material, thermal conditions, type of tooling and operation and other variables.