FANUC’s new collaborative arc welding robots offer the same high level of performance that FANUC ARC Mate robots are known for, including world-renowned technology and proven reliability. A built-in sensor allows the welding cobot to work safely alongside people without the need for expensive guarding.
Easy to use – even for those who have never used a robot, FANUC’s arc welding cobots are equipped with FANUC’s ArcTool application software. ArcTool’s easy programming interface supports both simple and complex applications, including FANUC's advanced features such as Weaving, iRVision, Seam Tracking, Thru-Arm Seam Tracking (TAST) and Multi-pass.
Both of FANUC’s new welding cobots provide six axes of motion for maximum flexibility. The CR-15iA for ARC offers a 15kg payload and a 1441mm reach. The CR-7iA/L for ARC has a 7kg payload and 911mm reach. High payload capabilities combined with the large motion range increases system flexibility to process a broad range of parts.
FANUC’s arc welding robot family supports newer applications like wire arc additive manufacturing (WAAM). In the production of a jet turbine component, for example, the robot deposits material layer by layer, so that only the required material is used. Compared to traditional machining, additive manufacturing can significantly reduce material costs and waste. In addition, it’s easy to make production changes or build prototype parts as required with minimal time delays.
FANUC cobots for ARC features and benefits:
- Large motion range increases system flexibility.
- Easy setup and programming allows companies to respond quickly to customer demands.
- Built with the same quality and high performance as FANUC’s long-standing line of ARC Mate robots.
- Offers customers the unique ability to work closely with their welding processes.
- Ideal for small and large shops – a compact design and the elimination of safety guarding saves floor space.
- Supports FANUC’s intelligent options, including: iRVision, Thru-Arc Seam Tracking and Touch Sensing.
- Both cobots for ARC offer floor, ceiling and angle mounting options.
- iA has a hollow wrist for seamless integration of weld package dress outs, third-party utilities, and sensor cables.
- The FANUC hand guidance function is available for all FANUC CR collaborative robots. It allows users to teach their collaborative robot by leading it through paths.
- Safety rated contact stop detection and familiar green exterior color.
- Designed to meet the safety requirements of ISO 10218-1:2011 and RIA/ANSI R15.06-2012.
- The latest R-30iB Plus controller features an intuitive iPendant with enhanced screen resolution and more processing capability compared to previous versions.
Related Glossary Terms
- payload ( workload)
payload ( workload)
Maximum load that the robot can handle safely.