ALC 50 from Chemtool Inc. is a water-based, low-temperature alkaline cleaner and conditioner (contains biocidal additives) designed for the internal and external cleaning of metalworking fluid sumps and systems. It is designed and formulated for the removal of organic and inorganic contaminants and irritating odors from sumps, barges, lines and water treatment systems. ALC 50 is used to flush and clean metalworking machine sumps and system components prior to recharging with fresh coolant or as an additive to control odors.
It is engineered to condition metalworking fluids for extended use prior to cleaning and replacement. ALC 50 specialty cleaning and performance additives exhibit enhanced detergency/dispersing properties for the effective and timely removal of oil-based contaminants, swarf and microbiological growth present in sumps and coolant lines. ALC 50 is also recommended for water treatment, recycling and cooling systems.
ALC 50 benefits include:
- Water-dilutable chemistry offers exceptional performance with all types of contaminated fluidd
- Successfully used in both smaller stand-alone machines and central systems
- Effective at 2.0 percent concentration for clean systems
- Effective performance at 3.0-5.0 percent concentration for fouled systems
- High degree of cleanliness for sumps, filter mechanisms, floor trenches, transfer lines and all machine surfaces
- Formulated with a balanced detergency/surfactant system utilizing both types of cleaning agents
- Enhanced with a bio-dispersant to remove biological deposits and bio-films
- Low foaming properties: VOC level of only 21 grams per liter for the product concentrate
- Effective against both bacteria and fungi (yeasts and molds)
Related Glossary Terms
Fluid that reduces temperature buildup at the tool/workpiece interface during machining. Normally takes the form of a liquid such as soluble or chemical mixtures (semisynthetic, synthetic) but can be pressurized air or other gas. Because of water’s ability to absorb great quantities of heat, it is widely used as a coolant and vehicle for various cutting compounds, with the water-to-compound ratio varying with the machining task. See cutting fluid; semisynthetic cutting fluid; soluble-oil cutting fluid; synthetic cutting fluid.
Any manufacturing process in which metal is processed or machined such that the workpiece is given a new shape. Broadly defined, the term includes processes such as design and layout, heat-treating, material handling and inspection.
Metal fines and grinding wheel particles generated during grinding.