Dorner Mfg. continues its push into the assembly automation market with the debut of its new 2200 Series Precision Move Pallet System conveyor.
Dorner's 2200 Precision Move Pallet Systems are the latest advancement in pallet traffic management. With a unique pin tracking system to guide pallets through 90 turns, and a fast belt change capability without the need to remove the conveyor from the system, Dorner's 2200 Precision Move Pallet Systems are designed to increase efficiency and reduce downtime in various assembly automation processes. Coupled with fast delivery of less than 20 days, this conveyor platform is perfect for the assembly automation, manufacturing and packaging industries.
Ideal applications include:
• Automated Assembly
• Manual Assembly
• Product Testing and Inspection
The pallets on this conveyor range from 160mm to 480mm, giving the customer the flexibility to select the proper size to move the product. During operation, pallets move on twin dual strand timing-belt conveyors. This design provides many benefits to end users, including:
• Added load capacity in a small platform; up to 250 lbs accumulated Quick belt change without the need to remove conveyor from system
• Widths: 160, 240, 320, 400 and 480mm
• Lengths: up to 24' 7" (7,500mm)
• 20 days or less delivery time
• Clean Room Class 100 Certification on the conveyor
These engineering designs position the 2200 Series Precision Move Pallet conveyor as the go-to platform for applications in machine integration, robotic pick-n-place, precision indexing, accurate part positioning, timed conveying, and inspection. Performance specifications of the 2200 Series Precision Move Pallet conveyor include:
• Lift and Locate: Adjustable height lift from center of conveyor; Provides 200 lbs of lift capability at 90 psi; Accuracy of +/- 0.002"
• Lift and Rotate: Pneumatic lift from center of conveyor; Pneumatic rotation with adjustable positioning
• Rotation angle: 90 to 180 degrees adjustable; Includes cushioned lift stroke
• Lift and Transfer: Changes product orientation; Uses dual strand timing belt conveyors and pneumatic lift; 70 lbs load capacity
• Simple Powered Corner Modules 90°Corner: Uses pin tracking in pallet; Maintains product orientation through the turn; Includes 24 VDC drive mechanism to drive the pallet around the corner
• 90°Corner and Merge: Uses pin tracking in pallet; Inside guide is mounted to pneumatic cylinders to transfer pallet around corner; Straight guide with pneumatic cylinder is mounted across perpendicular conveyor to guide pallets straight through the merge area; Includes 24 VDC drive mechanism to drive the pallet around the corner
• Pin Tracking System Simple and cost-effective method of tracking pallets through the turns
• Used on 90°Corner and 90°Corner and merge modules