ARCH Cutting Tools highlighted its RECON360 service program at its booth during Westec 2023 in Long Beach, California. Just over a year old, RECON360 offers to:
- restore solid round tools and indexable cutting tool bodies to OEM or new condition,
- braze new carbide, CBN, PCD or ceramic edges on inserts and round tools,
- reapply coating to tools,
- regrind worn areas on inserts and solid round cutting tools,
- resize inserts or solid round tools.
Related Glossary Terms
- cubic boron nitride ( CBN)
cubic boron nitride ( CBN)
Crystal manufactured from boron nitride under high pressure and temperature. Used to cut hard-to-machine ferrous and nickel-base materials up to 70 HRC. Second hardest material after diamond. See superabrasive tools.
- polycrystalline diamond ( PCD)
polycrystalline diamond ( PCD)
Cutting tool material consisting of natural or synthetic diamond crystals bonded together under high pressure at elevated temperatures. PCD is available as a tip brazed to a carbide insert carrier. Used for machining nonferrous alloys and nonmetallic materials at high cutting speeds.