Non-contact laser tool setting systems use a beam of laser light passing between a transmitter and a receiver. Positioned correctly these systems can also be used to measure geometry and detect broken tools. The Renishaw NC4 non-contact tool setter can:
• compensate for variation during the machining process
• update the machine’s controller automatically to account for actual effects, e.g. tool wear
• automatically stop the process when broken tools are detected
• reduce rework, concessions and scrap
• measure small and fragile tools without risk of incurring damage
Watch to see how Renishaw’s NC4 can improve your manufacturing and profits.
For more information visit us at www.renishaw.com/nc4