Rollomatic and Strausak will be presenting a biennial OpenHouse in Mundelein, Illinois, on November 9-11, 2021. The event is a repeat of previous OpenHouse events where typically more than 130 end‐users from more than 25 US states, Mexico, and Canada experience the latest in Rollomatoc Group technology, attend learning sessions, and get key answers for precision production needs.
In line with previous years, Rollomatic will have travel & overnight arrangements available for attendees as follows:
- Travel vouchers per person for up to 2 people.
- One free night a local hotel up to 2 rooms.
- Free transportation to/from Chicago O’Hare airport and the hotel.
- Free lunches and dinners.
This biennial event offers current & prospective end‐users of grinding and laser curing equipment the opportunity to see the entire line of Rollomatic Group products as well as new technology with:
- New Rollomatic 660XW model hybrid tool and peel grinding machine.
- New Strausak ONE cost‐effective 5‐axis adaptive tool grinding machine (new‐generation linear) with modular options.
- GrindSmart ‐ Several 5‐ and 6‐axis Rollomatic tool grinding machines.
- ShapeSmart ‐ Several Rollomatic pinch and peel grinding machines.
- LaserSmart ‐ Laser cuttng machine including ablation and 3D machining of PCD and other super‐hard materials.
- Platit surface coating equipment.
- Zoller Genius measuring machine.
- SmartFactory presentation.
To sign up for the event, visit https://cvent.me/lz1DG2
Related Glossary Terms
Machining operation in which material is removed from the workpiece by a powered abrasive wheel, stone, belt, paste, sheet, compound, slurry, etc. Takes various forms: surface grinding (creates flat and/or squared surfaces); cylindrical grinding (for external cylindrical and tapered shapes, fillets, undercuts, etc.); centerless grinding; chamfering; thread and form grinding; tool and cutter grinding; offhand grinding; lapping and polishing (grinding with extremely fine grits to create ultrasmooth surfaces); honing; and disc grinding.
- grinding machine
Powers a grinding wheel or other abrasive tool for the purpose of removing metal and finishing workpieces to close tolerances. Provides smooth, square, parallel and accurate workpiece surfaces. When ultrasmooth surfaces and finishes on the order of microns are required, lapping and honing machines (precision grinders that run abrasives with extremely fine, uniform grits) are used. In its “finishing” role, the grinder is perhaps the most widely used machine tool. Various styles are available: bench and pedestal grinders for sharpening lathe bits and drills; surface grinders for producing square, parallel, smooth and accurate parts; cylindrical and centerless grinders; center-hole grinders; form grinders; facemill and endmill grinders; gear-cutting grinders; jig grinders; abrasive belt (backstand, swing-frame, belt-roll) grinders; tool and cutter grinders for sharpening and resharpening cutting tools; carbide grinders; hand-held die grinders; and abrasive cutoff saws.
- polycrystalline diamond ( PCD)
polycrystalline diamond ( PCD)
Cutting tool material consisting of natural or synthetic diamond crystals bonded together under high pressure at elevated temperatures. PCD is available as a tip brazed to a carbide insert carrier. Used for machining nonferrous alloys and nonmetallic materials at high cutting speeds.