OSG is pleased to announce the expansion of its PHOENIX® PXM End Mill Offering with the addition of the NEW PHOENIX® PXSH Style Exchangeable Head End Mill! The PHOENIX® PXM is an exchangeable head end mill series for superior surface finish and precision in a variety of applications.
The following list numbers are associated with the NEW PHOENIX® PXM-PXSH Style:
- NEW! List #78PXSH PHOENIX® PXM-PXSH (metric)
The PHOENIX® PXM-PXSH end mill offers the following features & benefits:
- OSG's proven cutting geometries and coatings produces high performance in a variety of applications and materials
- 2-face contact (end face and taper) and buttress thread for fast and highly rigid clamping
- Radial runout less than 15µm and axial repeatability ±30µm for high accuracy and repeatability
- End mill style, inch and metric provides a complete offering
Related Glossary Terms
- milling machine ( mill)
milling machine ( mill)
Runs endmills and arbor-mounted milling cutters. Features include a head with a spindle that drives the cutters; a column, knee and table that provide motion in the three Cartesian axes; and a base that supports the components and houses the cutting-fluid pump and reservoir. The work is mounted on the table and fed into the rotating cutter or endmill to accomplish the milling steps; vertical milling machines also feed endmills into the work by means of a spindle-mounted quill. Models range from small manual machines to big bed-type and duplex mills. All take one of three basic forms: vertical, horizontal or convertible horizontal/vertical. Vertical machines may be knee-type (the table is mounted on a knee that can be elevated) or bed-type (the table is securely supported and only moves horizontally). In general, horizontal machines are bigger and more powerful, while vertical machines are lighter but more versatile and easier to set up and operate.