In the just released update, SprutCAM X integrates ChatGPT technologies based on the OpenAI API to provide an AI virtual assistant to help engineers with CNC machining tasks.
SprutCAM Tech is excited to announce the release of the update of SprutCAM X, the easy to learn and use powerful CAD/CAM software for next generation makers. The just released update of SprutCAM X integrates an AI virtual assistant that will help users with various aspects of CAM workflow. The AI assistant is based on ChatGPT technologies.
The AI wizard is called Éncy (pronounced like [ˈɛnsɪ]) and it greets the user with the following message: “Hi, I’m Éncy, your SprutCAM X AI assistant. Ask away, and I’ll be happy to help!”
The AI assistant is powered by the OpenAI API, which uses deep learning models to understand and generate natural language. Engineers can communicate with the AI assistant using text commands in multiple languages, and the AI assistant responds accordingly.
Éncy can perform the following tasks:
- Explain the G-code generated as a result of post-processing. You can ask the AI assistant to clarify any line of code or command, and it will give you a detailed explanation of what it does and why it is necessary.
- Generate a G-code using a text description of the operations. You can simply type what you want to do, such as "drill a 10 mm diameter hole at point (100, 25)" and the AI wizard will generate the corresponding G-code for you.
- Write code in Python to create .dxf or .stl files. You can use the AI assistant to create 2D or 3D models of your parts using Python code. The AI assistant guides you through the process and shows you the results in real time.
- Provide reference information for the industrial robot or CNC-machine when creating kinematic schemes in MachineMaker, a zero code application for building digital twins from SprutCAM Tech. You can ask the AI assistant for any information about the robot or CNC-machine you are using, such as its dimensions, specifications, capabilities, limitations, etc.
- Answer any question from a SprutCAM X user, even not related to the operation of the software. You can chat with the AI assistant about anything you want, such as CNC tips and tricks, industry news, best practices, etc. The AI assistant will try to answer your questions as best it can, or direct you to relevant resources if it doesn't know the answer.
To create the above requests, CNC-engineers can use various macros that are automatically adapted to the context of the task being performed.
Andrei Kharatsidi, co-founder of SprutCAM Tech: “We are committed to creating software that enables our customers to seamlessly transition from CAD to finished parts with the fastest turnaround time in the industry. SprutCAM X with ChatGPT technologies will save you time, improve your productivity and enhance your creativity.”
The new update of SprutCAM X with AI assistant is available for download from the official website. SprutCAM X offers a 30-day trial license with no functional limits to test all the features and benefits of the software.
Related Glossary Terms
- computer numerical control ( CNC)
computer numerical control ( CNC)
Microprocessor-based controller dedicated to a machine tool that permits the creation or modification of parts. Programmed numerical control activates the machine’s servos and spindle drives and controls the various machining operations. See DNC, direct numerical control; NC, numerical control.
- computer-aided design ( CAD)
computer-aided design ( CAD)
Product-design functions performed with the help of computers and special software.
- computer-aided manufacturing ( CAM)
computer-aided manufacturing ( CAM)
Use of computers to control machining and manufacturing processes.
- industrial robot
Robot designed for industrial use. Primarily used as a material-handling device but also used for changing tools, assembling parts, and manipulating special tools and measuring devices. Depending on design, an industrial robot can be programmed to perform a task by means of a controller, or it can be “walked” through the required movements by utilizing a digitizing system that translates movements into commands that the robot can be “taught.” See robot; teaching pendant.