Harvey Tool Co. LLC, Rowley, Mass., has released its latest catalog, which includes more than 850 new tools. The Spring 2014 edition introduces 10 new product lines that reflect what the company calls its commitment to "make your specials our standards." In addition to over 9,000 standard tools, special recognition is given in the catalog to Harvey Tool's metric offering, highlighted in both the full catalog and new digital-only metric catalog download.
Harvey Tool's 10 new product lines are:
- Chipbreaker cutter composite cutting endmills
- Composite finisher endmills
- 270 degree deburring undercutting endmills
- Back chamfer cutters
- Tipped-off engraving cutters for hardened steels
- Extra-long length square endmills
- Reduced-shank square endmills
- Ball variable-helix endmills for free machining
- Corner radius crystalline CVD diamond endmills
- Plastic cutting ball-upcut, long-reach endmills
Requests for print copies of the full Harvey Tool Spring 2014 Catalog can be made here or by calling (800) 645-5609. To obtain a digital version of Harvey Tool's full Spring 2014 or metric-only catalogs, visit the catalog download page.
Related Glossary Terms
- chemical vapor deposition ( CVD)
chemical vapor deposition ( CVD)
High-temperature (1,000° C or higher), atmosphere-controlled process in which a chemical reaction is induced for the purpose of depositing a coating 2µm to 12µm thick on a tool’s surface. See coated tools; PVD, physical vapor deposition.
Groove or other tool geometry that breaks chips into small fragments as they come off the workpiece. Designed to prevent chips from becoming so long that they are difficult to control, catch in turning parts and cause safety problems.