December 2012 / IMTS 2012 Roundup
DMG/Mori Seiki USA targets new machines
DMG/Mori Seiki USA, Hoffman Estates, Ill., displayed several new machine tools, including:
- The ULTRASONIC 20 Linear: This new machine combines 5-axis ULTRASONIC and HSC milling in one high-tech machine tool. Highlights include 5-axis gantry construction with an integrated NC-swivel rotary table and an actively cooled HSK-32/40 spindle capable of up to 42,000 rpm.
- SPRINT 42/10 Linear: The SPRINT 42/10 Linear is a CNC automatic lathe that features high structural rigidity and power for high mrr. The new design of the SPRINT 42/10 Linear can reduce the costs of machining short and long parts with its Swiss-type kit.
- The NLX2500/700 turn/mill machine is for manufacturers seeking an accurate, cost-effective turning solution. It offers all the rigidity and precision of the original NL machines at a better value, according to the company. The NLX2500/700 features a reduced footprint, lower energy consumption and improved cutting ability.
- The NHX4000 HMC is for machining workpieces of up to 24.8" × 35.4", with a loading capacity of up to 880 lbs. The NHX4000 offers cutting capacity equivalent to the NH model, with improved features for greater productivity and efficiency.
- The CTX Gamma 2000 TC turn/mill center is for heavy chuck and shaft machining. The machine’s guide ways are size 55 and its servo turret has VDI 50 reception. It features chuck diameters up to 630mm and large work-area dimensions.
- The NTX1000SZM integrated mill/turn center is for machining small precision parts for medical equipment and measuring instruments. The NTX machines have advanced thermal displacement compensation, a 40-percent smaller footprint than previous models and Mori Seiki’s original DDM, ORC and BMT technologies.