December 2012 / IMTS 2012 Roundup
Methods displays multiple solutions
Methods Machine Tools displayed more than 35 machines and automation systems at IMTS, including these units.
Methods Machine Tools Inc., Sudbury, Mass., a leading supplier of precision machine tools, automation and accessories, demonstrated more than 35 machine tools and automation solutions. Methods featured “Production on Demand” solutions to show how implementing automation, new strategies and technology will increase production, minimize cost and reduce setup time, especially for small-lot production, completing parts in one setup, multitasking and 5-axis machining. Large part manufacturing, well-suited for the energy industry, was also featured.
Methods displayed its full range of precision machine tools, including:
- Methods-FEELER high-performance vertical machining centers and turning centers, including the FEELER FT-Series turning centers that feature a new design to significantly increase cutting capacity.
- Matsuura 5-axis/CNC machining centers, including the new LX-160, a 2-pallet, 5-axis VMC. The spindle utilizes a unique balancing method to enable a spindle speed of 46,000 rpm.
- CUBLEX-35 PC32 configured with 32 pallets, and the CUBLEX-63 PC18 configured with 18 pallets. These 5-axis multitasking machines offer precision milling, turning and grinding on the same platform.
- Nakamura-Tome multitask turning centers feature the FANUC 31i-B controller and 19" high-resolution, touch screen LCD panel to give a high degree of functionality, coupled with fast processing speeds.
- KIWA-Japan horizontal machining centers and VMCs, including the KH-55 KIWA-Japan KH-55 heavy-duty HMC with a full range of features to accommodate precision machining of a variety of large work components.
- FANUC RoboDrill machining centers, including the new FANUC D21 RoboDrill VMC.
- Exeron sinker EDMs, including exopuls+ liquid-cooled generator technology for increased cutting speeds and accuracy.
- Current EDM, including the Model RT6050-5AT EDM drill, which features upgrades including a multiaxis Siemens 840D CNC.